St. Giles' Church is a church in North Oxford, England. It is at the northern end of the wide thoroughfare of St Giles', at the point where meets Woodstock Road and Banbury Road. It stands between where Little Clarendon Street joins Woodstock Road and Keble Road joins Banbury Road.
The church was built in the 12th and 13th centuries.
Oxford's main War Memorial adjoins the southern end of St. Giles' churchyard.The church was first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, where it was recorded that the owner of the land north of the city intended to build a Norman church there - Source: Wikipedia
Add a Comment