So I love to cook, maybe I've mentioned that. I also love s'mores. Problem is that I don't have easy access to a fire pit to toast the marshmallows. I have tried everything from my fireplace (gas) which tasted discusting, Stove (gas) tasted just as gross... shoulda known, candles (scented) baaaad idea GROSS, and finally candles (unscented) still gross.
I bought a cookbook the other day at Nordstrom called the Friends and Family cookbook
They had a section for cooking with kids, and immediately thought of my little guy Evan (not MINE per se, but I like to pretend)
Anyway, not the point. I found a recipe for doing s'mores in the oven! GENIUS! Why did I never think of this?
Though I tweaked the recipe, the idea for the oven was still there.
They said to go ahead and put the graham cracker and chocolate bar in the oven with the marshmallow in the oven at 375 for about 7 minutes. WRONG. the chocolate melts all over the place, making the whole thing nearly impossible to eat, and the marshmallows barely toast.
Being a culinary genius, I changed it to Broil on High with just the marshmallows, and TADA! success!
You can slightly burn them just like over a camp fire, and the taste is EXACTLY the same!
I was so excited to finally figure out how to do S'mores indoors!