The LA County Fair is coming up this weekend. I've never been, but it looks to be a huge extravaganza.
Here's just a taste of what you'll find at the Los Angeles County Fair.
* Grandstand Concerts and Spectacles including Jessica Simpson and Gavin Rossdale
* Tons of fair food, including all types of fried goodness.
* Fairview Farms - livestock shows, cow and goat milking, animal petting
* Exhibit halls filled with every gadget and gizmo you can imagine and some you'd never think of.
* Horse Shows, Horse Racing, and a Horse Racing Exhibit
* Cooking, wine-making, arts and crafts demonstrations and workshops
* Street performers
* Children's educational exhibits
* Carnival rides
* Museums - the Millard Sheets Gallery and the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum
* Winter Wonderland - snow and light show, ice skating
* Action Adventure - features the Skycoaster and the 3D "Scare at the Fair"
* Millie’s Restaurant and Bakery Pie Eating Contest
* Much, much more
Sept 5 - 28, 2008
Mon & Tue CLOSED
Wed 11am - 10pm
Thurs 11am - 11pm
Fri 11am - midnight
Sat 10am - midnight
Sun 10am - 10pm
Varies by day and time of day. $1 from 11 am to 5 pm on opening day, Sept 5, 2008. Check the website for rates
The Fairplex in Pomona, 1101 W. McKinley Ave, Pomona, CA 91768, off the 10 Freeway, exit Fairplex Drive or White Ave.
Courtesy of about.com
LA county Fair website