Neiman Marcus has revealed the 82nd Edition of Its legendary Christmas Book
, featuring --
* Limited-Edition BMW ($160,000.00; page 81)
31 personalized units of Neiman Marcus Limited-Edition 2009 BMW Individual 7 Series (symbolic of BMW's 31st anniversary, aww). The car is a limited edition of the all-new BMW 7 Series -- based on the 750Li -- that will make its debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.
The new car owners will take delivery from the BMW Welt in Munich, Germany, in April 2009, and then set off on a multi-city driving trip. The stop in Munich will tour BMW's headquarters before road-testing the new car on a trip to Monaco, Nice and Cannes. They will then ship the car back to the United States.
The opportunity to order the car and "fantasy driving experience" as BMW called it, begins at noon EDT on Thursday, Oct. 16 by calling 1-866-303-2696. Hurry - The last BMW offered in the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book sold out. Oh God forbid that it should happen again this year!
Some of goodies don't sound too bad .. but then again who orders this stuff from a CATALOG?
* Titanium Fighter Motorcycle ($110,000.00; page 69)
* PLATINUM WEDDING AT THE RESORT AT PELICAN HILL(R) ($1,300,000.00 and up; page 78)
Includes wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses by Carolina Herrera, up to 40 private ocean-view guest villas, cake, flowers, "private celebrity entertainment at the reception" (perhaps a song sung by Vince?), the bridal party, rehearsal dinner, after-reception party, and breakfast the next day.
But then there are always the weird ones ..
* Life-Size His and Hers LEGO Sculptures ($60,000.00 each; page 74)
Why ?! .. Sooner or later you will sober up.
* Jack Nicklaus Golf Course Design ($1,000,000.00 and up; page 76)
Construction and site preparation costs not included
* A 35-Year Collection of 45 RPM Records ($275,000.00; page 71)
* A Dallas Cowboys(R) Texas Stadium(R) end zone ($500,000.00 and $500.00; page 70)
"Put 530 square yards of sporting history into your own backyard!" - Hooah !!
* The M-Velope(R) transformable structure ($100,000.00; page 73)
What is that, you ask? It's art !! I suspect the functional portion to be the built-in toilet.
* Medieval and Renaissance-era rings ($25,000.00, $35,000.00 and $45,000.00; page 72)
* HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS(R) ON-COURT EXPERIENCE ($110,000.00; page 77)
I know .. it's like some of this stuff had been dreamed up by Tom Hank's character in the movie BIG, in the 1980's!
* AUTHENTIC GUINNESS(R) HOME PUB ($250,000.00; page 79)
Want the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
? It will cost you $15 bucks.