If you're in LA hop on over to Clementine in Century City to experience some fancy schmancy grilled cheese sandwiches from five of L.A.’s top chefs!
Via Caroline on Crack
here are the highlights:
* Oliver’s Grilled Cheese ($9.75) — pepperjack, soppressata and Calabrian peppers on white rye — courtesy of Nancy Silverton of Mozza/La Brea Bakery
* Chicharron de Queso ($9.25) — crispy fried cheese with black beans, avocado, pickled jalapenos, mayo and pico de gallo — by Jimmy Shaw, Loteria Grill chef/owner
* Little Armenia ($9.50) – soujouk, melty cheese, herbs and grilled tomato on Armenian bread
* Provolone and Hot Italian Sausage ($10.50) — with garlicky rapini on ciabatta — by Evan Kleinman, host of KCRW’s Good Food and Angeli Café chef/owner
* Quesadilla with Havarti ($9.75) — roasted poblanos and ripe mango, served with salsa and black bean salad
* Chili Dog Grilled Cheese ($9.50) – a salute to Pink’s — meaty chili and hot dog melted together with cheddar cheese
* Camembert ($10.25) — with mustard greens and mushrooms on country bread — by Amelia Saltsman, author of The Santa Monica Farmers’ Market Cookbook
* Cobb Sandwich ($9.75) — with havarti, blue cheese, chicken, bacon, avocado, roasted tomato mayo on semolina bread
* Queso Mahon and Chorizo ($9.75) — with quince paste and romesco — by Suzanne Goin, chef/owner of Lucques, AOC and Tavern
I know, grilled cheese for $10?! WTF, Alice? These are not your average grilled cheese sandwiches, people! These are God-like creations!