As restaurants struggle they lower their prices and eaters everywhere benefit. Look around and you'll see almost everyone offering good deals these days.
Here are just a few from USA Today
, including deals from Cheesecake Factory and Morton's!
• Chili's. On April 6, the chain will offer a "10 meals for under $7" deal. Officials declined to discuss details until closer to rollout.
• T.G.I. Friday's. This month, Friday's began a promotion featuring 10 entrees priced at $9.99 — in some cases a 29% price cut. "We need to offer deep value to drive traffic," says Andrew Jordan, marketing chief.
• Applebee's. Since mid-November, the chain has offered a "2 for $20" special of two entrees and one appetizer. "While we can't fix the economic challenges, we are offering … value," says Shannon Scott, marketing chief.
• Outback Steakhouse. For months, the chain has marketed 15 meals for under $15. "We decided to get back to the DNA of the brand," says Dan Dillon, marketing chief.
• Texas Roadhouse. The chain recently launched an "Early Dine for $7.99" promo on weekdays. "We're trying to drive early-week traffic," says marketing chief Chris Jacobsen.
• Cheesecake Factory. A "Small Plates and Snacks" menu includes a $4.95 Pizzette, a flat, football-shaped pizza some folks are ordering as a meal. "We're making Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) more accessible," says Mark Mears, marketing chief.
• Morton's. Even Morton's has got a $99.99 steak and seafood dinner for two and $6 mini-burgers at the bar. (Average check at Morton's is $97 per person.) The goal, says CEO Tom Baldwin, is to drive sales. "These are unprecedented times."
It's my duty to bring you these great deals. I may even have to go to Morton's to check this out myself!