After a fun four days in Miami for Art Basel, I'm now in New York enjoying my "babymoon" before our little bundle of joy arrives early next year. Though this is technically a vacation, I still wanted to make sure you had your normal helping of Creative Links of the Week. This time, however, we'll be pointing you to Herman Miller's list. Don't worry, these are all My Modern Met approved!
Around the Web:
1. Treehugger for their interview with treehouse designer Pete Nelson. Fewer tree houses are used as home work spaces than was originally thought.
2. Core77 for their ultimate gift guide because suddenly it’s that time of year again!
3. Architizer for the MIMA House – a contemporary home that responds to the changing use of space with moveable walls.
4. Design Milk’s Designer Desktop series closes with the wonderful Dieter Rams.
5. Grain Edit for the post on Dutch illustrator Raymond Lemstra. Great work and a helpful link to Lemstra’s store (good holiday gifts perhaps?)
See the rest over at Herman Miller's site.
And, of course, here's what you missed on My Modern Met this week. These were our top 5 posts.
Best of My Modern Met:
1. What a wise grandma.
2. Sculptures that will make you do a double-take.
3. An indoor pool that hides under a floor? Nice.
4. Wow, now that's a van.
5. What would you do with 1 million coffee beans?
Can you believe that the photo above is a sand sculpture? Mind-blowing.
Photo credit: ♥siebe ©.
Add a Comment