Alright Schultz, I'm going to give it to you. You're listening to your consumers - gotta love that. You understand that those $4 drinks are gettin kind of pricey during these tough economic times. I'm digging it.
As part of Starbucks holiday savings strategy, they just rolled out:
1. Starbucks Gold
: Join for an annual membership fee of $25 and receive:
* 10% off most purchases in participating U.S. Starbucks stores
* A free drink when you purchase your membership in-store
Then when you register, you'll unlock additional value:
* A free beverage on your birthday
* Exclusive offers and discounts throughout the year
* Free Wi-Fi access for up to 2 hours each day in participating Starbucks stores
2. Starbucks gift cards at Costco:
For the first time ever, Starbucks is going to sell gift cards for less than face value. Run to your Costco to get five $20 Starbucks gift cards for $80. Nice deal!
3. Cheaper holiday gifts
. "We revamped holiday from soup to nuts," Schultz says. A Starbucks coffee sampler that was $14.95 last year is $12.95 this year. CDs were $14.95 last year but are $12.95 this year. Tables with gifts under $10 will be set up in many stores.
With the free election coffee and these nice discount offers we may be turning a corner, Schultz...
Source: USA Today