Maybe it's because it reminds me of when I used to dunk oreo cookies into milk but I can't wait to contribute to this Flickr group! Who else is the group's admin but Siebe, the man who made the cookie splash
famous? He's even given us some tips on how to capture these magnificently messy shots.
Siebe (a group admin) says:
Tutorial & Video
and the Secret
1. take a cool cup to capture
2. fill it with coffee allmost till the edge
3. focus the camera manual on the glass
4. be shure you've got a short exposure time (high iso makes that possible)
5. set the camera on burst mode (continuous shooting)
6. grab a tiny heavy object like a egg or something like that.
7. press the shutter and drop it!
Cookie Splash Flickr Group