This contest is sponsored by YPOC.com, believers that art is all around us just waiting to be made.
Calling all artists, photographers, or those aspiring to be! Are you ready to show off your art and/or photography? After the raging success of our Art of Photography contest, we decided it was time to start up a new one. This time, we're opening it up to not just photographers but artists, as well! (People of all skill levels are encouraged to enter.)
It's called YPOC's Visual Storytellers Contest. You may remember YPOC, which stands for Your Photo On Canvas, as the sponsor of our last contest. This time, as our title sponsor, we're working hand-in-hand with them to pick out the very best in storytelling art and photography. (When you're ready to proudly display your art or photography on canvas, make sure to check them out. We stand by their excellent product and service.)
WHAT IS A VISUAL STORYTELLER?:
It’s someone who can tell the viewer a story with just his or her art or photo. It’s more than just showing us a pretty picture or painting, it’s about making the viewer stop and stare at your creation, asking them to figure out what’s going on.
Submit your image for your chance to win some amazing prizes. There will be two categories this time around – Art and Photography. Each category winner will receive a $500 gift certificate to YPOC where you can turn your winning piece into a work of art on canvas. The grand prize winner will get $1,000 cash and will also get their very own dedicated article on My Modern Met!
There will be ONE overall grand prize winner.
GRAND PRIZE - $1000 Cash and a My Modern Met article spotlighting the winner and their work.
1st Place in Each Category (2 categories – Art and Photography) - $500 Gift Certificate for YPOC.com.
HOW TO ENTER:
Step 1. Send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2. In the email, label your image this way: Your last name first and then the category (Art or Photography). For example, Smith-Art or Jones-Photography.
Step 3. Facebook “Like” Your Photo on Canvas’ Facebook Fan page.
If you would like to see what kind of images we're looking for, here are some works that were submitted during our last contest, that really stood out for their storytelling style.
• You DO NOT have to be a My Modern Met member to enter.
• This contest is free and open to all US and international entrants.
• Any entries from previous contest, My Modern Met’s Art of Photography, will be automatically disqualified.
• You must Facebook "like" YPOC’s Facebook Fan page.
• You are limited to one entry per day.
• Photo must be in digital format. (JPEG only.)
• Only online entries will be eligible. You may show your work on YPOC's Facebook Fan page, but this will NOT count as an entry. You must email your photo to email@example.com to be eligible.
• The photo submitted must be original work created by the entrant and the photograph must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
• The entries in each category will be judged by a panel consisting of YPOC and My Modern Met management.
• All entries must be submitted and received by August 5, 2011 at 11:59 pm PST.
• Copyright/Use of Entry: By submitting an entry, entrant grants Sponsors and their designees an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in Sponsors’ online galleries, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. In addition, each winner grants to the Sponsors and their designees an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use and distribute the entry (as submitted, or as cropped by Sponsors), and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known, for purposes of promotion of this Contest and other Sponsors contests and/or for purposes of advertising and promoting Sponsors and, except as otherwise stated herein, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
This will be a month long contest. Just like last time, we'll be announcing our top picks once a week, so look for those posts. Good luck! Can't wait to see all of your incredible entries. And big "THANKS!" to YPOC for making this creative contest possible.
1. Warna Zoer
2. Gina Radovcich
3. Tobias Nguyen
4. Greg Schmigel